Log: incoming feedback in raw format

The idea is that each post/reply on this thread is a feedback coming from one person. We’ve got many coming in in our Karrot Team & Feedback group, so the first step is to copy them here (with the author’s consent), or the thread link on Karrot, then extract the most relevant information into separate topics, for example all feedback about editing activities, the use of calendar, etc.

improving e-mail notifications
original thread

Nick wrote 12 Dec 2022:

Once small thing I’ve noticed that could make a big difference, is I notice the emails have the name of the karrot instance as the prefix [karrot.world] ... then the email subject, whereas having the name of the group would make more sense to me…

(with a similar sense, it might be nice to have it so groups can customize the email footer to say a bit about the group, or add links, etc… all in the name of making it feel like people are participating in their group, not karrot itself…)

more on Use group name in email subject prefix · Issue #2626 · karrot-dev/karrot-frontend · GitHub

Robin Foods Admin wrote on 7 Dec 2022

This link previews would be great. Then I dont have to copy all the text from a public event to our group chats Do you think that its possible and easy to integrate? That would help us really a lot. I guess it should be possible with meta tags in the html…

https://andrejgajdos.com/how-to-create-a-link-preview/
(edited about 1 month ago)

Nick Sellen
about 1 month ago

I think that’s a great idea, unfortunately for us it’s a bit trickier to implement because of the way we have built the app.

those link previews are served up by the server, whereas for us the server doesn’t know anything about which page the link is about.

if you see the URLs, they look like this (e.g. this one for your lovely looking new public activity!):
https://karrot.world/#/a/f0e17f68-2afb-4c56-9e98-defae8df4f8c

… anything after the # is not sent to the server, the server only sees the https://karrot.world bit, which means there is nothing with which to general the nice link preview meta data.

I think we probably should ditch the # bit, but it needs some more work to make that happen.

I created an issue about it here → Support link previews · Issue #2617 · karrot-dev/karrot-frontend · GitHub

original thread
Tomek from Warsaw group 27 Nov 2022

Ok so here is some compilation I made in order of importance for FS Warsaw group also with some questions related to yesterday upgrade :

FR Possibility to revoke admission to a group by a person who accepted it (or even better by a any person with editing rights) but with a restriction that this option is active only for 72h. As mentioned during Karrot days it is very important in our group that we let in only people after multi-stage recruiting process which is run by delegated members of our group. As we are getting bigger and bigger new members(but older as well) forget about this rule and from time to time they add somebody too quickly to the group. Especially with adding functionality of ‘Public events’ we might encounter more and more joining requests and such false admission cases which we would like to be able to revert in some reasonable time if they were a mistake - that is why limitation of 72h
FR Could there be a possibility to scroll list of posts in Wall by date or month with years at least?- we are posting there some important communication and we have encountered that we need sometimes to come back to them which with current scrolling option is very difficult.
FR Possibility to get list of group members with attribute of e-mail address - without option to make simple polls Yes/No we need to use external application when we want agree something with all members of group. For that we need to have option to fetch list of members with email addresses to which we can send it.
FR Simple Poll option with Question and answer Yes/No /Withheld and tab for comment section - looking just like an Issue option
FR Possibility to search for user by their mobile number - sometimes some new member wants to reach us so it is good to be able to find them in group also by their phone number
NFR After upgrade we see in list only Favourite places on the list in the left side menu - to see All places we need to click ‘See All’ - in view of all places we should have also option to choose between tiles and list view
NFR Place which has been moved to archived status should not be visible for members of karrot group in ‘List of Favourite places (on the left side in menu) - if you would want to remove from that ‘Favorites list’ you have to bring it back from archived status to do so. So everyone who clicked ‘Favorite star’ in such Place, once it is archived is removed from its list ‘watchers’.
NFR/QUESTION - Will you bring functionality that action of clicking on empty slot in event is triggering ‘Join Pickup’? It stopped working as it used to after yesterday upgrade. Many of our users got used to that :slightly_smiling_face:
QUESTION Agreements - they are not deployed in our group Foodsharing Warsaw - why and do you plan to switch it on for us?