Wall: find back important communication

User story: Request from Tomek, Warsaw

Could there be a possibility to scroll list of posts in Wall by date or month with years at least?- we are posting there some important communication and we have encountered that we need sometimes to come back to them which with current scrolling option is very difficult.

From Log: incoming feedback in raw format - #4 by bruno

Complexity: Not sure, depends on the solution adopted

Outcomes (or what needs to be done to move forward): more discussion basically, and then some design

I also feel it could be useful, although never experienced this particular need so much.

Tomek suggests one solution, which is to apply some filters, the way I get it. Another possible solution is to mark threads as favorites, with the little star. They could be stored in the notification bubbles at the topbar

I will add one request I’ve got myself, which is related to the above

User story: I wish there was an easy way to fetch the URL for a particular thread. I came across this need while organising the feedbacks here, so I wanted a way to easily get back to the original feedback given in the Karrot Team & Feedback group. I can find such an URL at the e-mail notifications, but not on Karrot itself

Complexity: seems quite straight-forward, frontend only?

Outcomes (or what needs to be done to move forward): a little bit more discussion and a sketch of where to find the link

Is there already a way to pin certain posts? Would that be a solution?

1 Like

Also had that thought. :slight_smile:

I think it would not solve it entirely, since pinning is usually for the whole group, and some people have their specific messages they’re interested in. But still it’s something nice to have!

Another idea is to mark messages as favorite, with a little star somewhere.