Support common usage of shared resources in a group

User story:
A foodsharing group collectively owns a cargo bike which can be used for pick-ups. The storage and maintenance are organised in a place and through activities (similar as taking care of a food share point). But how do I know whether the bike is available or not and how can I reserve it for my pick-up?
Another story:
A group of cycling without age decided to use Karrot. It’s about coordinating rides for elderly with rickshaws. The places are the different elderly homes where you offer rides, pick up the people and drop them off again. Certainly you can do several rides with one rickshaw, but how to coordinate across places?
Or booking rooms.
Or having a paid license for some kind of digital product which only one user at a time can use.

Complexity:
If the resource is used only in one place, the activities could suffice. A calendar view would help to determine if activities overlap or when there is no activity ‘booked’.
It needs more design for the more relevant use case, to have one resource which somehow can be booked across different places.

Outcomes (or what needs to be done to move forward):
pick this up, think further about design, ask questions, potentially bring this to a meeting, development further down the road

Also referring to Application to the Prototype Fund as a source of ideas and collaboration.