I just deployed a minor change, that fixes the translations strings for the general purpose theme, e.g. the bike kitchen projects. So “Activities” should show up again in the left menu (and other places) instead of “Pickups”.
A new version is released! 8.7.1
The most significant change is that you can now attach images to messages (works for any kind of message, walls, private chats, activity chats, etc…)!
Also, there is a new group switcher for desktop (click the group picture in the top left of karrot), useful if you are a member of multiple groups.
- Allow images to be attached to messages [#2128] #1028 @nicksellen
- Display number of total group members on top of member list [#2149] @djahnie
I also did a minor release (8.7.2), which adds better support for Luxembourgish (thanks to @danveg)
We’re releasing v8.8.0 now
The main differences are actually behind the scene, we switched the way we use the Quasar library (which is where our user interface components come from). This might cause a few issues temporarily during our deployment.
This switch enables us to support “PWA” (Progressive Web App) method of installation, so instead of installing the app from the play store, you can use “add to home screen” (or similar) inside your browser, and it will behave a bit like a proper app. In the future we’ll repackage the app too using this technology, we just need to wrap it in yet another acronym, a “TWA” (Trusted Web Activity). Confusing huh! So, literally we will have a SPA delivered as a PWA inside a TWA. Phew!
- Karrot can now be added to your homescreen (installed as App). Check out the button at the bottom of your profile settings page! @tiltec
- Added group activity statistics display @nicksellen
Today v9.0.0 is released!
The biggest change is we now support co-ordinating more than just pickups, but also meetings, distributions, and events. You can read more about that here → What are activity types in Karrot?
Another change we hope makes karrot easier for people to find their local groups is that we now emphasize nearby groups in the group gallery. We use geo ip (that uses your IP address to find an approximate location, see this wikipedia article that explains a bit more about that) to show users the groups that are nearest to them more prominently.
The still-quite-new activity statistics page can now show information from all time, so long as you don’t have a user selected (in which case it will only go back 6 months, as it did before). This was from a request from @danveg.
We also now save your message drafts, making it harder to lose your messages (e.g. if you lose connection, or navigate away from the page, or karrot decides to reload). They are stored locally on the device.
Smaller changes/fixes are:
- clearer input box on the application form
- accept/decline buttons for applications now show in the chat sidebar
- small map toggles are fixed
- selection of issues in the list improved
- group select on profile page fixed
- updated playstore rollout method
See changelog for full details of the changes, and links to the code.
A small update today. Version v9.1.0.
The group switcher image sizes could end up HUGE sometimes for some people (see issue, and this is fixed now.
(Also fixed a minor detail about group ordering when geoip is not available (no visible symptoms)).
See changelog for full details.
Version v9.2.0 released just now!
The most visible change is in the display of activities, thanks to our new more UX-focused contributors from Freiburg
In terms of features the most notable part is you can now add/edit/customize your groups activity types! This has been a long time coming, and I’m very happy to have this feature now that let’s you customize Karrot for your use cases
- use default group location for defaultMapCenter when creating a new place @larzon83 [#2293]
- Remove disabled pickups on applied filters on pickups page @pogopaule [#2271]
- activities: improve design and UX of activities listing @larzon83 [#2303]
- Small redesign of place page @brnsolikyl [#2266]
- activities: only hover pictures if device supports it @larzon83 [#2297]
I just released 9.5.1 (which contains changes from 9.5.0 too).
- the statistics display is now more advanced, as discussed in More statistics display
- you can revoke trust you’ve given a user
- you can subscribe to a calender feed of your activities
I also notice not all releases were mentioned in this thread, I’ll try I can keep it up to date from now on. Also, just a note that all these changes were developed a few months back, but just hadn’t been deployed yet.
- increase android API level target from 29 to 30 @nicksellen
- activity-list: enable ics subscriptions for activities @amengsk @larzon83 [#2368]
- Users can revoke trust @pogopaule [#2352]
- meta-tags: added title variable to quasar.conf.js and og_site_name for meta description [#2405]
- Remove invitation by e-mail at members page @brnsolikyl [#2349]
- Redirect to place feedback page after saving, highlight entry @tiltec [#2417]
- meta-tags: site description update in composer.json update for og:title [#2405]
- activities: ics subscription only exposes joined events [#2428]
- add explicit host in ics url @amengsk [#2406]
A Christmas present release!
Mostly a collection of small improvements. Enjoy!
9.6.0 - 2021-12-24
- Choice of default view (wall or activities) on place page @brnsolikyl @nicksellen @larzon83 #2444
- Add “Previous 12 months” to statistics time period @changjus #2445
- Add recent years option to statistics time period @nicksellen #2467
- Use markdown for activity description @nicksellen #2457
- Update URLs and de-foodify further @nicksellen #2455
- Allow to join started activities @nicksellen #1201
- Expose disabled activities as cancelled in ics export @amengsk #1200
- Remove calendar subscribe button from group wall @amengsk #2451
Minor release to fix a bug with the place navigation.
9.6.1 - 2021-12-29
New release! Mostly small details, but particularly important for Foodsharing Warszawa who reached our “maximum activities displayed in frontend” limit of 800 (they were at a bit over 1000), so I increased it to 1200… but we should fix it properly.
Mostly visible difference is the little link icons are fixed (it was showing every link with a little envelope next to it, instead of various ones depending on the link type).
- enabled Japanese, and Chinese (simplified), and a few library locales @nicksellen #2475
- scroll to wall messages when clicking message in menu @nicksellen #2483
New release! The main thing is @-mentions are now supported
… I already noticed a few issues with them (usernames are new, and the generation of the initial ones was not quite right… ), so fix coming soon, but mostly are working!
- add @-mentions @nicksellen [#2407] [#2479] [#2516]
I noticed not all the releases have been included here, but I’ll try and keep putting them here again! Here’s all the releases since the last message:
- minor improvements to activity item ui @nicksellen #2630
- improve public activity listing UI @nicksellen #2602 #2621
- don’t show archived place is sidebar favourites list @nicksellen #2631
- available activities link to show activitie with free slots @nicksellen #2620 #2622
- ensure absolute URL, e.g. share public activity link, starts with / @nicksellen #2618 #2623
- fix bug where validation for some forms was not being run @nicksellen #2614 #2624
- scroll issue with input textarea @tiltec #2609
- fix mobile place header, by removing the map marker icon @tiltec #2610
- feedback can be dismissed again @tiltec #2612
- mobile sidenav now closes more reliably on click @tiltec
- Places types @nicksellen @tiltec #2577 karrot-backend#1159
- Place gallery view @tiltec #2581
- Participant types for activities @nicksellen [#2421] karrot-backend#1199
- Public activities @nicksellen #2584 karrot-backend#1241
- Quick activity creation and editing @tiltec #2585
- Agreements @nicksellen [#2493] karrot-backend#1244
- Trust for “approved” role @nicksellen @tiltec #2589 karrot-backend#1167
- completely rewritten data layer with vue-query @nicksellen @tiltec #2560 #2567
- password-less ICS subscription links, to support Google Calender @tiltec #2555
- Korean and Greek translations
- Sidenav now only contains favorite places @tiltec #2581
- Rename “Conflict Resolution” to “Membership Review”, only add initial users to chat @brnsolikyl @nicksellen #2581 karrot-backend#1243
- Remove votes for ongoing issues when user leaves group @nicksellen karrot-backend#1233
- show archived types in filter if activities of that type exist @nitishvijai @yatharthchhabra #2506
again, a gap in posting here, I always forget about it… anyhow, heres the latest one:
- consolidated feedback view hwojcik and @nicksellen Consolidated feedback by nicksellen · Pull Request #2668 · karrot-dev/karrot-frontend · GitHub Consolidated feedback by nicksellen · Pull Request #1267 · karrot-dev/karrot-backend · GitHub forum
- enable agreements and participant types features for all groups @nicksellen Enable agreements and participant types for all by nicksellen · Pull Request #1265 · karrot-dev/karrot-backend · GitHub
- use orjson for faster json rendering @nicksellen 1c41650
- use gunicorn preloading @nicksellen 21c5ee8 e107e93
- switch to channels redis pubsub layer @nicksellen 7faaff5
- enable database connection pooling @nicksellen de4be4f
- allow redis unix socket connection @nicksellen 1a5690b
- upgrade to psycopg 3 @nicksellen Upgrade to psycopg 3 by nicksellen · Pull Request #1268 · karrot-dev/karrot-backend · GitHub
- turn off on demand image creation @nicksellen Turn off on demand image creation by nicksellen · Pull Request #1266 · karrot-dev/karrot-backend · GitHub
- don’t create participant when notification settings aren’t provided @tiltec Do not create participant when notification settings are not provided by tiltec · Pull Request #1270 · karrot-dev/karrot-backend · GitHub
- improved slow activity statistics query @nicksellen Activity history query improvement by nicksellen · Pull Request #1269 · karrot-dev/karrot-backend · GitHub
- fix storybook @nicksellen Fix storybook by nicksellen · Pull Request #2669 · karrot-dev/karrot-frontend · GitHub
- remove from all conversations when leaving group @nicksellen Remove from all conversations when leaving group by nicksellen · Pull Request #1264 · karrot-dev/karrot-backend · GitHub
New release! Biggest user-visible difference is you can now record activity “no shows”, as discussed over at Allow to record no-shows during feedback process - #11 by bruno
- Allow to record no shows when giving feedback @nicksellen Allow to record no shows when giving feedback by nicksellen · Pull Request #2680 · karrot-dev/karrot-frontend · GitHub Add API for recording "no shows" by nicksellen · Pull Request #1272 · karrot-dev/karrot-backend · GitHub
- Switch from FCM to WebPush @nicksellen Switch from FCM to WebPush by nicksellen · Pull Request #2679 · karrot-dev/karrot-frontend · GitHub Switch from FCM to WebPush by nicksellen · Pull Request #1271 · karrot-dev/karrot-backend · GitHub
- Stay logged in when actively using Karrot @nicksellen Extend session periodically by nicksellen · Pull Request #1273 · karrot-dev/karrot-backend · GitHub
- fix rejoining activity @nicksellen [#2677]