Collecting (and voting) on feature requests for Karrot, Spring 2019

Three months have passed since our last roadmap planning session, so it’s time for another one!

Review - what happened in the last 3 months?

Although the last three months had been quite active, we didn’t manage to implement all the things that we wanted and that were asked for. I assume that most of the features are still needed and could be considered for the next roadmap planning session. For this reason, I compiled a list of features. If you have a another request, feel free to comment on this post!

Which features should we prioritize for the next 3 months?

• pickups with start and end time
  • pickups with lower and upper slot limit (“it needs at least 2 people and not more than 5 people”)
  • add notifications when somebody drops out late from a pickup (e.g. 24 hours or less)
  • handle much wanted pickups
  • group pickup statistics (“total kg food saved”, “pickups done”, …)
  • support for scheduling events/meetings/hangouts
  • food share points / public places for food distribution
  • store wall / conversation
  • store subscriptions / favorite stores: get more notifications from some stores and hide notifications from other stores
  • user mentions in messages
  • improve extraction of replies via email
  • allow removal of own messages (instead of just editing)
  • moderation features (e.g. removal of posts from other users)
  • sort group member list by last activity
  • group-specific welcome email
  • improve navigation (how? please comment!)
  • make Karrot faster (which page? please comment!)
  • support for sharing food between people on Karrot (“food baskets”)

0 voters

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Bug: pickup collectors are not sorted by join date

An update! Our roadmap planning session last week concluded with this roadmap. @djahnie and me went through all our issues and updated them.

We have already started working on those features, so they are likely to be finished during the next 3 months:

Those need more discussion and we want to start working on them when a realistic and workable proposal emerged:

Thanks to the voters! I think it’s a nice way of prioritizing and I would do it again end of April for the summer roadmap.

2 Likes