New feature available! Offers

Both remove accepting offers (can just archive them now) and pagination are implemented and available on https://dev.karrot.world - not yet deployed to production though. Perhaps @tiltec is deploying soon :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think this is very tricky, but also the key part! It’s an uphill battle against the individualized model of society…

1 Like

I enabled offers for all the groups on karrot.world now :slight_smile:

1 Like

All the DLC groups (France) use public distributions, where they advertise a place and a time (currently on Fb) for all sorts of people (not just registered foodsavers) to come and share the food from a pickup.
This offer feature could provide a way to do this. Adding a time stamp and a location would be pretty important for this.
For the offer to be public, another karrot group could be created with open access (no application process). It was possible to choose at some point, not sure where this is at now.

Also, why is it compulsory to upload a picture? It seems unpractical for people without smartphones.

1 Like

It’s not directly possible (only via database right now), so for testing purposes Nick or me could do it manually for one group.

1 Like

Needless to say I think, I like the idea. :grin:

And I think it’s closely linked to the issue of public locations for food distribution. Also here: Food-Share Points

Perhaps some scaled down version of a group, with no application needed, as suggested above, with only a wall for discussion and the offers feature. I’d like to discuss more the concept and how to implement it.

2 Likes