Bachelor thesis about foodsaving apps

Here is bachelor thesis about various foodsaving apps (czech language)

1 Like

Thanks! Did you read it? It would be interesting to hear a summary of it? The main conclusions…

The document lists some foodsaving applications. Some of them no longer exist and some have commercial operations. The author proposed the concept of his own application for foodsaving, which remained only in the prototype and now does not exist.

1 Like

Here is another bachelor thesis in czech language about dumpster diving.

The bachelor’s thesis examines dumpster diving phenomenon as an actual course in environmental activism which aims to contribute to reduce food waste. Main part is devoted to introducing this phenomenon, other parts are focused on historical view, society perspective, health risks, stances of food chains, incetives which lead to given behaviour, reducing of environmental impacts to which dumpster diving contributes, legislative connections, alternatively also its relation to freeganism. The aim is to introduce and critically assess the phenomenon of dumpster diving using research and comparative methods.

1 Like

direct link PDF

https://library.upol.cz/arl-upol/cs/csg/?repo=upolrepo&key=25816401741

1 Like

Thanks for the summary, seems a sadly repeating pattern - new concepts/ideas for tools and prototypes to implement them that then don’t actually get a meaningful community base.

Community building is hard, and probably a fundamentally different set of skills. I am in awe of people that can and are doing it :slight_smile: In this skills I rest my hopes for the future of the planet, no less… :earth_africa:

1 Like

I love the community concept, which I feel is really open. Now I’m looking for and translating other apps that have similar statements like Karrot

1 Like