Add link to people page on forum

User Story

As a community member seeking more information about Karrot, I want to easily find details about the team members. To achieve this, a link to the “People” page should be included in an “About” section on the Karrot community webpage.

Complexity

This task is relatively simple for someone who is familiar with editing the Karrot community webpage.

Outcomes

1. An “About” section is created or updated on the Karrot community webpage.
  2. A functional link to the “People” page is added and easily accessible in the “About” section.

Process

1. Verify if an “About” section exists on the Karrot community webpage.
  2. If the “About” section does not exist, create one.
  3. Add a link to the “People” page within the “About” section (Karrot Community | People).
  4. Ensure that the link is clearly visible and appropriately labeled to guide users.

With the Karrot community webpage, do you mean this forum (community.karrot.world) or something inside Karrot?

For the latter: I believe that this is what Bruno’s PR was about: #2733 - change_about - karrot/karrot-frontend - Codeberg.org

You can review it on dev.karrot.world:

You can click on the name, although it might not be super clear that it’s a link.

The About section is the same on every Karrot group and can be found on the bottom of the menu on the left (‘About Karrot’).

I still think it would be nice to also link it somewhere from the forum. How could that look like?

There is this page: About - Karrot Community

Maybe we could add a custom link in the sidebar for the People page? Maybe this is helpful… Custom sidebar sections being tested on meta - announcements - Discourse Meta ?
Would need to have a closer look :slight_smile: